ALTYS Technologies’ SAGA Services
Data Privacy Addendum
Last Updated: November 9, 2018
This Data Privacy Addendum (“Addendum”) is subject to the terms of, and fully incorporated and made part of, the ALTYS Technologies’ (“ALTYS”) SAGA Services Terms Of Service, located at https://altys-tech.net/SAGA-Services/legal/Terms-and-Conditions (the “Agreement”). It applies in respect of the provision of the SAGA Services to the Customer if the Processing of User Personal Data is subject to the GDPR, only to the extent the Customer is a Controller (or Processor, as applicable) of User Personal Data and ALTYS is a Processor or sub-Processor of User Personal Data (as defined below). This Addendum shall amend and supplement any provisions relating to the processing of User Personal Data contained in the Agreement, and shall be effective for the term of the Agreement.
1.1. For the purposes of this Addendum:
1.2. Capitalized terms not otherwise defined herein shall have the meaning given to them in the Agreement.
- “User Personal Data” means Personal Data uploaded to or published, displayed or backed up through the SAGA Services, as further described under Section 3 of this Addendum;
- “GDPR” means the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, together with any national implementing laws in any Member State of the European Union, as amended, repealed, consolidated or replaced from time to time; and
- “Personal Data”, “Personal Data Breach”, “Data Subject”, “Data Protection Authority”, “Data Protection Impact Assessment”, “Process”, “Processor” and “Controller” will each have the meaning given to them in Article 4 of the GDPR.
2. DETAILS OF THE PROCESSING
2.1. Categories of Data Subjects. This Addendum applies to the Processing of User Personal Data relating to Customer’s clients or prospects, suppliers, business partners, vendors and other end users, the extent of which is determined and controlled by Customer in its sole discretion.
2.2. Types of Personal Data. User Personal Data includes Personal Data, the extent of which is determined and controlled by Customer in its sole discretion, contained in any applications, files, data, information or other content uploaded to or published, displayed or backed up by Customer or its end users through the SAGA Services.
3. PROCESSING OF USER PERSONAL DATA
3.1. For purposes of this Addendum, Customer and ALTYS agree that Customer is the Controller of User Personal Data and ALTYS is the Processor of such data, except when Customer acts as a Processor of User Personal Data, in which case ALTYS is a sub-Processor. If Customer is a Processor, Customer warrants that Customer’s instructions to ALTYS with respect to that User Personal Data, including Customer’s designation of ALTYS as a sub-Processor, have been authorized by the relevant Controller.
3.2. ALTYS will only Process User Personal Data on behalf of and in accordance with the Customer’s prior written instructions and for no other purpose. ALTYS is hereby instructed to Process User Personal Data to the extent necessary to enable ALTYS to provide the SAGA Services in accordance with the Agreement.
3.3. Each of the Customer and ALTYS will comply with their respective obligations under the GDPR, to the extent applicable to the Processing of any User Personal Data in the context of the provision of the SAGA Services. Customer will (i) comply with all applicable privacy and data protection laws with respect to Customer’s Processing of User Personal Data and any Processing instructions that Customer issues to ALTYS, and (ii) ensure that Customer has obtained (or will obtain) all consents and rights necessary for ALTYS to Process User Personal Data in accordance with this Addendum.
3.4. Customer will select the country where User Personal Data will be stored. Customer consents to the storage of the User Personal Data in the country that Customer chooses when Customer purchases specific Services. By uploading User Personal Data to the Services, Customer acknowledges that Customer may transfer and access User Personal Data from around the world, including to and from the country in which User Personal Data is maintained.
3.5. For Customers located in the European Economic Area or Switzerland, Customer acknowledges that ALTYS may process User Personal Data in countries outside of the European Economic Area and Switzerland as necessary to provide the SAGA Services and in accordance with the terms of this Addendum. Where this is the case, ALTYS will take such measures as are necessary to ensure that the transfer is in compliance with applicable data protection laws.
3.6. The Customer acknowledges that ALTYS is reliant on the Customer for direction as to the extent to which ALTYS is entitled to use and Process User Personal Data on behalf of Customer in performance of the SAGA Services. Consequently ALTYS will not be liable under the Agreement for any claim brought by a Data Subject arising from any action or omission by ALTYS, to the extent that such action or omission resulted directly from the Customer’s instructions or from Customer’s failure to comply with its obligations under the applicable data protection law.
3.7. If for any reason (including a change in applicable law) ALTYS becomes unable to comply with any instructions of the Customer regarding the Processing of User Personal Data, ALTYS will (a) promptly notify the Customer of such inability, providing a reasonable level of detail as to the instructions with which it cannot comply and the reasons why it cannot comply, to the greatest extent permitted by applicable law; and (b) cease all Processing of the affected User Personal Data (other than merely storing and maintaining the security of the affected User Personal Data) until such time as the Customer issues new instructions with which ALTYS is able to comply. If this provision applies, ALTYS will not be liable to Customer under the Agreement in respect of any failure to perform the SAGA Services due to its inability to process User Personal Data until such time as the Customer issues new instructions in regard to such Processing.
ALTYS will ensure that any person whom Customer authorises to Process User Personal Data on its behalf is subject to confidentiality obligations in respect of that User Personal Data.
5. SECURITY MEASURES
5.1. ALTYS will implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to User Personal Data.
5.2. ALTYS will, at the Customer’s request and subject to the Customer paying all of ALTYS’s fees at prevailing rates, and all expenses, provide the Customer with assistance necessary for the fulfilment of the Customer’s obligation to keep User Personal Data secure.
6.1. Customer authorises ALTYS to engage sub-Processors to perform specific services on ALTYS’s behalf which may require such sub-Processors to Process User Personal Data. If ALTYS engages a sub-Processor to Process any User Personal Data, it will
- inform Customer of any intended changes concerning the addition or replacement of such sub-Processors, to the greatest extent permitted by applicable law, and Customer will have an opportunity to object to such changes on reasonable grounds within fifteen (15) business days after being notified. If the parties are unable to resolve such objection, either party may terminate the Agreement by providing written notice to the other party;
- keep the Customer informed if there is any change to the role or status of the sub-Processor; and
- enter into a written agreement with the sub-Processor that imposes on the sub-Processor the same obligations that apply to ALTYS under the Addendum.
7. DATA SUBJECTS RIGHTS
ALTYS will, at the Customer’s request and subject to the Customer paying all of ALTYS’s fees at prevailing rates, and all expenses, provide the Customer with assistance necessary for the fulfilment of the Customer’s obligation to respond to requests for the exercise of Data Subjects’ rights. Customer shall be solely responsible for responding to such requests.
8. SECURITY BREACHES
- notify the Customer as soon as practicable after it becomes aware of any Personal Data Breach affecting any User Personal Data; and
- at the Customer’s request and subject to the Customer paying all of ALTYS’s fees at prevailing rates, and all expenses, promptly provide the Customer with all reasonable assistance necessary to enable the Customer to notify relevant security breaches to the relevant Data Protection Authorities and/or affected Data Subjects.
9. DATA PROTECTION IMPACT ASSESSMENT; PRIOR CONSULTATION
ALTYS will, at the Customer’s request and subject to the Customer paying all of ALTYS’s fees at prevailing rates, and all expenses, provide the Customer with reasonable assistance to facilitate:
- the conduct of Data Protection Impact Assessments if the Customer is required to do so under the GDPR; and
- consultation with Data Protection Authorities, if the Customer is required to engage in consultation under the GDPR, in each case solely to the extent that such assistance is necessary and relates to the Processing by the ALTYS of the User Personal Data, taking into account the nature of the Processing and the information available to ALTYS.
10. DELETION OF USER PERSONAL DATA
On expiration of the Agreement, Customer instructs ALTYS to permanently and securely delete all User Personal Data in the possession or control of ALTYS or any of its sub-Processors, within a reasonable period of time (unless the applicable law of the EU or of an EU Member State requires otherwise), except if the Customer requests, prior to expiration of the Agreement, to have access to the SAGA Services in order to retrieve User Personal Data in accordance with Clause 9(d) of the Agreement.
ALTYS will, at Customer’s request and subject to the Customer paying all of ALTYS’s fees at prevailing rates, and all expenses, provide the Customer with all information necessary to enable the Customer to demonstrate compliance with its obligations under the GDPR, and allow for and contribute to audits, including inspections, conducted by the Customer or an auditor mandated by the Customer, to the extent that such information is within ALTYS’s control and ALTYS is not precluded from disclosing it by applicable law, a duty of confidentiality, or any other obligation owed to a third party.
12. ORDER OF PRECEDENCE
With regard to the subject matter of this Addendum, in the event of inconsistencies between the provisions of this Addendum and any other agreements between the parties, including the Agreement, the provisions of this Addendum shall prevail.